Beginning care at a rehab center for substance use disorders can be a life-changing or even life-saving choice. Continuing the recovery journey with outpatient support can further promote long-term sobriety. The benefits of outpatient rehab extend beyond just schedule flexibility.
If you or someone you love could use outpatient treatment for addiction, contact Evoke Wellness at 866.429.2960 or online. We offer a range of services at our campuses in Massachusetts, Florida, and Ohio, including a stellar partial hospitalization program. For well-suited patients, the benefits of outpatient rehab such as this can be substantial.
When to Consider Outpatient Treatment for Addiction
The most intensive form of drug or alcohol rehab is inpatient care. Typically lasting one to three months, this level of care offers 24/7 support and supervision. This makes it the best option for patients with severe and/or polysubstance addiction. For those who don’t need such a high level of care or who have already completed an inpatient program, outpatient options can be an ideal choice.
Partial Hospitalization Care
There are two basic levels of outpatient treatment: partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient services. The former is the more intensive of the two, typically requiring patients to attend programs for most of the day on five or six days of the week. Although patients spend evenings at home, the frequency and duration of services make it unlikely they can work or attend school simultaneously. Partial hospitalization’s goal is to stabilize behavior such that patients can take over significant individual responsibility following the program.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), by contrast, typically require just half days of attendance on three to five days of the week. Treatment goals at this level of care tend to highlight relapse prevention, ongoing counseling, and psychoeducation. Like partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), intensive outpatient services often serve patients who’ve completed more comprehensive care and require a bridging experience. Intensive outpatient services can likewise work as a primary means of treatment for people with milder addictions to begin with.
More flexible outpatient programs are also available, providing support one or two days per week as patients truly take hold of their recovery.
5 Benefits of Outpatient Rehab
Input from a doctor or treatment center staff member is key in determining your level of care. That said, patients determined well-suited to outpatient services enjoy substantial benefits, including:
- Cost saving – Living at home and taking some of your meals there during your program can substantially reduce treatment costs. If patients are able to work part-time while they receive treatment, they can further offset the cost of care.
- Greater flexibility – Outpatient programs often offer several possible time frames to attending patients, allowing them to customize their treatment schedule. Thus, patients can make choices about their care that allow for greater investment in other parts of their lives.
- Reintegration to daily life – Especially in intensive outpatient programs, patients may take on some work, school, and primary caregiving activities. This can relieve stress from family or housemates, build agency, and accelerate the patient’s reintegration into daily functioning.
- Ongoing skill-building – The longer a patient spends in treatment, the more skill-building they can practice. For those who’ve completed residential care, this means they get ample time to apply insights and access further education.
- Customized care – Inpatient programs, while somewhat tailored to individual needs, are still often very group-oriented. In outpatient care, patients may receive even more individualized services. Here, treatment focuses on supporting patients’ strength and confidence in going forward independently in sobriety.
Evoke Wellness offers outpatient support for your recovery journey. Our compassionate staff is standing by, ready to help you find a better way forward.
Call Evoke Wellness for Outpatient Options near You
At Evoke Wellness, we’re here to help you make an effective assessment of your treatment options and begin the path to recovery as soon as possible. If you or a loved one is looking for services in Ohio, Florida, Illinois, Texas, or Massachusetts, don’t hesitate to reach out. Our knowledgeable staff is available to assist you at 866.429.2960 or when you use our online form.